Friday, 5 December 2008

Coming to an end

I had to say my first goodbye today. Lisanne went back home to Amsterdam. It was so hard for me. I don't know how to handle saying goobye to people I may never see again. And I am really not looking forward to having to say goodbye to everyone else--one person was bad enough.

On a happier note, the ACC championship is tomorrow. BC vs. V-tech. And all the BC kids from all over london are getting together to watch the game. Apparently, BC alumni in London get together a lot to watch the games so they told us about a great sports bar that will show the game. I am so excited!!! It has been so long since I have seen a game. I can't wait to have some football excitement pumping through my veins again. We are all going to wear our superfan shirts and probably dominate the bar. haha.

Here is what I have been watching to get pumped up for tomorrow.



Thursday night me and my friends went into london to Trafalgar Square to see the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony. Every year Nowary gives a gaint tree to London for the ceremony. They have been doing it since 1947 to show their solidarity from WWII. And now it is considered a frienship ceremony. It was a very cute ceremony. The Norwegian ambassador was there and his speech was quite cute. And I had my first experience with Boris Johnson who is the mayor of London. HE IS HILARIOUS. I had heard some stories about him. The typical response to him from londoners is "oh Boris" as they smile. He is such a character.

Well I got a ton of essay to write. AH! See you all in 13 days!!!


Steph, Lisanne, and me in front of the Norwegian christmas tree



Trafalgar Square with the tree

Me and Ryan passing the London Eye at night on our way to Trafalgar Square

No comments: