This weekend I was in Bruges and Amsterdam. I only had a little bit of time in each place but I wish I had more. I pretty much go to do all the major tourist things but I just loved walking around Amsterdam and I didn't get to that enough.
To get to Belgium we drove a bus on a train in the chunnel. It was really strange to think i was inside a bus inside a train inside a tunnel. haha. It was quite a long journey. We stopped in Bruges just for a couple of hours. We kind of just walked around the center of town and then had some belgium waffles and belgium hot chocolate for lunch. Bruges is famous for chocolate and lace so there were chocolate and lace shops everywhere but we didnt really have enough time to go look through all of them.
We arrived in Amsterdam around 8. We quickly stopped at the hotel and then we into town. I ate the best falafel of my life. I dont know if it was really that good or if I was just starving. We had the weirdest weather there. It would just start hailing out of nowhere. and I mean really HAILING. it was painful at times. I was kind of curious to see the Red Light District. I mean I didn't really want to spend a great deal of time there but I just kind of wanted to see it. But we couldn't find it on the map and it was so freezing that we didnt really want to wonder around the whole night. So we settled for some pubs.
Amsterdam has this scandolous reputation but the city is actually one of the cutest European cities I've seen. There are canals all throughout the city with boats everywhere and beautiful brick builings alongside the water.
Saturday morning I spent in two little towns outside Amsterdam--Edam and Voldondam. We walked around the dutch countryside, saw sheep, windmills, and CLOGS. Then in the afternoon I went to the Van Gogh Museum, which was really cool, and through the flea market. Sunday morning before I left I saw Anne Franks House. That was really interesting. It was almost exactly how I pictured it from the book. And of course all the clips of film they showed and the quotes from her diary were very moving.
Saturday morning I spent in two little towns outside Amsterdam--Edam and Voldondam. We walked around the dutch countryside, saw sheep, windmills, and CLOGS. Then in the afternoon I went to the Van Gogh Museum, which was really cool, and through the flea market. Sunday morning before I left I saw Anne Franks House. That was really interesting. It was almost exactly how I pictured it from the book. And of course all the clips of film they showed and the quotes from her diary were very moving.
Belgium chocolate house--my dream house!! haha
so good!
in edam

sheep!


amsterdam is so pretty!



No comments:
Post a Comment